We accept reservations 7 days a week for our dining room for parties up to 14 in size. For parties with greater than 14 people we offer a private dining experience with details as follows. Please call 859.252.0099 for all booking inquiries during our operational hours.
PRIVATE DINING FEES AND POLICIES
Thank you for considering The Village Idiot for your next special occasion! Located in the heart of Lexington’s historic downtown, within walking distance from several nearby hotels, The Village Idiot is in an ideal location for local and out-of-town guests.
The Village Idiot’s food is creative pub food with a focus on local ingredients. Our private dining menu is influenced by what is available seasonally to assure the best quality.
Dinner Private Dining
- The Village Idiot offers a plated three course menu selection at $35 per person. The customers select one choice from the salad, entrée and dessert options from the menu provided at dinner.
- À la carte appetizer selections available upon request.
- We are pleased to serve you in any capacity up to 30 guests.
- Dinners will be placed in one of our two upstairs private dining rooms depending on party size. (Parties between 15-24 will be in a room with no TV, unless they wish to pay a $200 room fee.)
- A room fee of $200 will be applied to parties that show up with less than 18 people and still opt for a private room.
- Prices do not include alcohol, a 6% sales tax or 18% gratuity.
- A deposit of 50% of the estimated food confirms and guarantees the event and is due at the time the contract is signed. The deposit will be applied to the final payment. No reservation will be guaranteed without a signed contract and deposit. Final payment is due at the conclusion of the event.
- Deposit will be forfeited if party is cancelled inside 7 days of event.
- Party is expected to be out of room within one hour after kitchen closing time. (kitchen closes at 10:00 Sunday-Thursday, 11:00 Friday and Saturday).
choose one selection from each course
~ Greens ~
Mixed Greens Salad
Heirloom Carrot, Cherry Tomatoes, Croutons, Balsamic Vinaigrette
Strawberry & Cucumber Salad
Mixed Greens, Queso Fresco, Sliced Almonds, White Balsamic Vinaigrette
~ Entrees ~
Braised Lamb Shank
Pan Roasted Carrots, Horseradish Gremolata, Dark Tomato Gravy, Garlic Oatmeal
The Idiot Burger
Premium Black Angus Beef Patty, Tillamook Cheddar, Oversized Onion Ring,
Pulled Pork, Local Bibb Lettuce, Tomato, Toasted Pretzel Bun
West Indian Plantain Curry
Tomato-Coconut Milk Sauce, Red Onion, Carrots, Green Beans, Basmati Rice, Spicy Cabbage Pickle
Sorghum-Soy Glazed Pork Chop
Stone Cross Farm Rib Chop Brined for Three Days, Mustard Greens, Bacon, Black Eyed Peas, Basmati Rice, Green Onions
Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese
Pulled Pork Barbecue and Lexington Pasta Co. Rigatoni,
Smoked Gouda Mornay with Cornbread Crumbles and Green Onions
~ Dessert ~
Bourbon Bread Pudding
Bourbon Caramel Sauce, Whipped Cream
Rotating Chocolate Dessert Option
Rotating Fruit Dessert Option
À La Carte Appetizer Selections
The Big Bowl
Fresh cut fries with our four sauces for the table to share | 7
Wasabi mustard, garlic-rosemary aioli, smoked tomato ketchup, Thai sweet chili sauce
The Pot of Mussels
Ask your server for current pairing, with crostini (feeds four) | 21
Village Idiot Cheese Plate
Chef’s choice of artisan cheeses served with crostini and accoutrements | 10
Duck Gravy Poutine
Fresh Cut Fries, Kenny’s Cheddar Cheese Curds, Green Onion | 8
Pimento Cheese Fritters
House-made Pimento Cheese, Panko Crusted with Tomato Jam | 10
Dried Pineapple, Country Ham, Vietnamese Fish Sauce | 9